Tuesday 27 August 2013

Magic Number

I was having lunch today and the topic of sex came up. The numbers game. The magic numbers game. "What's your magic number?" is a question that means "how many people have you slept with?" It comes back, usually, with the question "what do you class as sex?" There seem to be a few classes:

1) Penetrative. In which case something is inserted into a woman's vagina or a man's asshole. 
2) Fooling around. In which case  said people usually participate in oral sex.
3)  Heavy petting. Which is not really a class but more something I thought I should throw in, just in case. 

Numbers were passed around the table. Numbers which will - for the benefit of those around the table - not be revealed. Later that day I went off to interview a musician that I know, Calum Ross, about his bands The Scarlets and The Magic Rooster Brothers and as I walked home, listening to Daughter, all I could think about was an essay I have been trying to write for a while called 'Sexual Desires', a kind of non-fiction/memoir/thoughts/collections/experiences of sexual activities. I got home, wrote the post prior and then looked  at my essay and thought...I need to work on this. So, I shall.

I was thinking about when writers are asked where do their ideas come from and thought that ideas are like brush-strokes, you do one, then another, then another and you just forget which one was the first. Luckily, I'll now remember where this sudden drive to write these essays came from and that I will post the majority of them here but until then...more brush strokes, I feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment