Friday 5 April 2013

Daps 2013

There's this thing in my University, it's called Daps. It's the annual Creative Writing anthology that nobody ever knows anything about. But through the years it has become much more loud - submit! come to the launch! etc etc. This year I was co-Head Editor along my good friend Hannah Barry. Daps assembles a board in which we sit around and talk about the submissions we get through and decide which make it into the final volume (below.) 

This year my short story The Broken Fly and poem The Wolf's Secret were published. My friend, Hannah, had her poem Knife Sleep and short story Moments published. Sam, my roommate, had his story Just Friends published. Last year, my other roommate, Dom, had his poem A Prayer for Oscar Wilde published. For us, as wanna-be, young writers its nice to see your name in print, in a book that you put a lot of work into as well as your own writing. 

A little selling tool - Daps is avaliable to buy and will continue next year, pioneering creativity. 

(The Final version) 

(Our poster)

(The Editorial Board 2013
Florence, Kirsty, Roberta, Sam, Verity, Dom, me, Hannah & Emma)

(The Editorial Board and the Writers)

(Co-Head Editors, me and Hannah, rocking our speeches. What am I saying? I have no idea. What is Hannah thinking? 'I wonder if he's noticed his fly is open mwhaha.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment