Tuesday 4 September 2012

Angry Ode Of Stupidity

Last night, as my jet lag eyes gloomed over the screen, my friend, Vicky, sent me a link to her blog. It discussed as follows: http://vickyr2009.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/book-rant.html. I pulled away disgusted at the article and in full agreement with my friend. Put ratings on books, "beware! This book discusses sex and violence!" Oh dear, no?! And if we have this debate again, the 'art makes people do horrible things' debate - video games that make kids go and shoot up their whole schools or books that make men go and shoot famous band members then I say "quiet." It's stupid. Stupid because the idea that art can make people do it is foolishly. I believe - now I understand we are all different and all have different ways of thinking - but my belief is that we are born with these tendencies, art does nothing to aid nor change these tendencies. 

I also believe - flashing back to Vicky's post - that some of us can give our argument in a much more liberal way than others, I feel I just throw around words such as "stupid", "silly" and "fuck" and believe I'm right.

Anyway just a small blog today - an ode - on the stupidity of such a notion. Books that need ratings? Don't be foolish!

No comments:

Post a Comment