Thursday 10 May 2012

What I'd Give To Be A Walrus

First, there's the obvious thing you'd give up to be a walrus - your mother. The classic saying "he'd sell his mother" is prudent in this scenario. But what else? What else does one have to give to be a walrus? And does one really want to be a walrus? I don't know why I chose walrus. On reflection it might have been a very silly idea indeed. "Perhaps I have gone mad," Edgar Allan Poe would say. But this is not the case. I was merely thinking about animals, well, that's a lie, I was thinking about how I hadn't written anything on this blog in a long time. I have three 'in the works' blogs about Tim Burton,  Guillermo  De Toro and a blog called 'interesting books' but have yet to get around to write such blogs. Thus, my mind wandered and I thought about what animals I would want to be. But now my mind gives forth two questions - what animal would I really want to be? And what would I give up to be it?

    VS. 

Call me cruel but by looking at the images above I know which one I would rather be. Most definitely, the penguin. Not only are they cuter but they are more companion based. Penguins stand with one another. But now...what would I give up to be one? I already said my mother so we can scrap that. Well, I guess any sort of technological device would be next - you're not gonna see a penguin walking around with an iPod in his ear are you? I don't think I'd give my books, I think they'd come with me to Antarctica and I'd teach the other penguins to read and enjoy literature. I know what you're thinking - how on Earth are we (as penguins) gonna hold the book? Way ahead of you - we'll get the walruses - we'll have to make an alliance - to make lectures for us out of the ice and use them to read.

Or, are you really thinking, what the hell has he been smoking to write a blog about walruses and penguins? Well, dear friends, procrastination sends the mind to wonder and, on this occasion, it wandered into what I would give up and what I'd rather be. More coming soon! (Hopefully not about animals next time!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment