Sunday 13 May 2012

Love Poetry

Last year, in my creative writing class, we all had to complete a folder of work. I had written one poem already about an evil Father Christmas - which shall be posted on here in the next blog - but I sat down and thought "let's do what everyone else is doing and see if I can pull it off." I decided to write a love poem, a happy love poem, a poem which used those three words that everyone winces when they hear. I did and this was the outcome...



X.

This is strange, I don’t understand;
It’s new to me, like my tongue isn’t my own, releasing unknown words.
I look around and see love – dark and gloomy, bright and happy,
but I don’t understand, I can’t understand, not yet anyway.
Others do, those around me bathe in romantic love but I do not, I cannot.
Don’t blame me X; don’t cast my words to the wind, my invisible emotions away,
I try to do it, climb that mountain, that steep mountain.
I’m trying. I am.
Listen with your heart, help me with my own.
When others are like sunshine, I am rain;
Some say speeches, I only write them;
Smiles are a rare experience on my face, they come slowly,
but when they come they come because of you,
because no matter how I look or act I do, I do love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment