Monday 23 April 2012

How I Know I Love You

I've been doing a lot of thinking and reading on love - the main theme in Cupid's Obsession. A book that I have to review for Bookgeeks and has helped is The Paradox of Love (an apt title!) Here's something that came out of it, it's a kind of poem called 'How I Know I Love You': 


I know I love you because you loved me just because I was me. 
I know I love you because I loved you for being you. 
I know I love you because you found out I like books and tried to read some of my favourites. 
I know I love you because I hated musicals before I met you and know I enjoy them. 
I know I love you because I love everything about you - your hair, your enormous eyes, your perfections and your imperfections, your voice, your hands, the way you show your naive side only to me, the way you called my name in the morning, the way you knew had an idea of what I would order in the restaurant and still thought I could surprise you. 
I know I love you because you made me laugh and allowed me to cry in front of you, you allowed me to be the person I wanted to be and it was only with you. 
I know I love you because I waited for you on your staircase. 
I know I love you because I wait for you now. 
I know I love you because you love mayonnaise and I hate mayonnaise. 
I know I love you because you taught me things and I taught you things. 
I know I love you because I was happy when I was with you, even when we were cruel to each other. 
I know I love you because you know what a flicker of my eye means, as I do with you.
I know I love you because we went on adventures together.
I know I love you because we made memories together.
I know I love you because you're my soul mate, without you I'm broken. 
I know I love you because the idea of losing you again scares me.
I know I love you because I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment