Wednesday 29 February 2012

Sources

Neil Gaiman and I believe Stephen King too said they hate the question "where do you get your ideas from?" Their ideas come from their heads, of course! But inspiration - ah inspiration, that comes from something else entirely. I don't actually know where these great men get their ideas from. J.K. Rowling said her idea for 'Harry Potter' came when she was on a train and it literally came out of nowhere. Stephanie Meyer - with the dreaded 'Twilight' series - said her idea for the quadrilogy came in a dream. My ideas come from my head but my inspiration, inspiration for different scenes or storylines come from a multitude of things. Mainly, I have to admit, my ideas come from songs or - my guilty pleasure - movie montages. The God of movie montages on Youtube is a person called keesvdijkhuizen - I suggest you go and check him out - but he has helped me with many storylines and character endings that I needed. The video below...


(I still have yet to learn how to put videos in a blog with writing so I shall find that out, until then it's below-below)


...Has helped me with the story I mentioned yesterday. But enough on that, that can be discussed in another time. Music! Now that's the main thing - or source - that helps. Florence and the Machine 'Cosmic Love' helped me with a tragic love scene in a story I have yet to write. Lately 'Yellow Light' by Of Monsters and Men helped me with a children's short story I am currently writing for my folder this year entitled 'Black Horns'.


Well this was only a short blog as I have a busy day ahead of me - yes it is twelve o'clock and I have just woken up - life of a student, eh? - but I have an idea of what I'm going to write about tomorrow and if I see anything interesting or inspirational I shall post them along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment